------a new Centro Latino (in progress)! ...stay tuned for more information
CASA: CULTURA, AMIGOS, SALUD, AMBIENTE
CASA: home for Latinos to find education, social & health resources in a culturally safe environment
Join us en CASA! ...and on facebook too:
CASA: Cultura, Amigos, Salud, Ambiente is an independent organization
incorporated in Minnesota, fiscally sponsored by PRAIRIE
Incorporated on Cinco de Mayo, May 5, 2023
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
ARTICLE I — NAME: The name of this corporation shall be
ARTICLE II —
REGISTERED OFFICE ADDRESS:
The place in Minnesota where the principal office of the corporation is to be located at
417 9th Street South, Moorhead, MN 56560 (shared with PRAIRIE)
ARTICLE III — PURPOSES
This corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, religious and educational purposes as specified in
Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, including for such purposes, the making of distributions to
organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code,
or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code. The purposes of this corporation include, but
are not limited to:
1. Unite Latinos to discuss problems, possibilities, and our cultural richness and resources
and explore our talents, assets, experiences, and strengths. Build relationships, listen to
each other, and celebrate our common cultural richness
2. Address barriers, with cultural safety and humility, fortified by our strengths.
3. Create a culturally safe place to gather, with identifiable architectural features, cultural symbols & artifacts.
4. Develop Community Initiators: organizers/leaders, advocacy, representation through
leadership training and Internships: community building; entrepreneurship
5. Identify local resources and invite culture trainers, link with other MN Latino Organizations
6. Lift up local artists, showcase their creativity; involve children, youth adults & elders
7. Teach children, youth & adults about our rich and varied Hispanic Cultures, and the
values and principles that we bring to help build a strong community.
8. Establish a Bilingual Childcare Center and provide a safe learning environment for the
preschool-aged children of our community.
9. Promote “Social entrepreneurs” –showcase existing businesses, and links to technical
and financial assistance,
10. Support people who have been traumatized or are otherwise in need, especially women,
children, and youth. Address the needs of vulnerable people, suffering from adverse life
situations, addictions, housing stress, abuse, or mental health.
11. Provide navigation to basic social services, and basic needs for recently arrived
12. Create access to land, for growing food for families and developing food enterprises and